Thursday, April 11, 2019

Week 12 Lab:TV Tropes

TV Tropes

When I was searching articles on the TV Tropes website I found a page on short films.  This caught my eye because in this class we are writing short stories.  What I didn't know is that a shot film is technically a film that is between twenty and forty minutes.  Our stories are nowhere near that length, but I still learned a lot from the page.  Short films are often projects completed by film students.  Disney was the first company that brought short films popularity.  Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs started out as a short film until Disney realized they could make more money turning it into a full feature film.  While short films are not as popular as the large feature films, I still enjoy them.  I will always remember the short film before the PIXAR movie Monsters Inc. titled Birds on a Wire.  Short films are great, but I think short stories (mostly children's books) have been more impactful and memorable for me.  Books like Green Eggs and Ham and One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish by Dr. Suess were some of my favorites as a kid.



Bibliography

TV Tropes Website
Image Information: PIXAR: Wikimedia Commons

No comments:

Post a Comment